Last weekend, JYJ successfully ended their world tour with the last stop in Taipei, Taiwan. Around 10,000 fans showed up to cheer the trio on. Ticket sales were said to have grossed $20 million Taiwanese dollars (around $700,000 US dollars).
However, fans displayed outrage to the local media over finding that their gifts were thrown out.
The very gifts that were supposed to be delivered to their idols were instead found haphazardly discarded in trash cans at the concert venue‘s basement parking lot. Fans were left disappointed and heartbroken at the discovery.
Event organizers emphasized that they handed over all the gifts to JYJ’s management, and fans were told that the gifts were going to be checked – perishable food and over-sized items were to be left behind. Organizers hurriedly noted that gift selection was up to the discretion of JYJ’s management. Angry fans posted online that they did not appreciate the organizers pushing blame onto other parties.
Exactly whose fault it was remains a mystery.
Friendly Reminder: Please don’t hotlink images and do provide proper linkbacks to the site. A little token of appreciation can do wonders, you know. Peace, love, and GV. – ©HOTSPICYKIMCHI
- [K-POP/J-POP/K-DRAMA] JYJ : Yoochun’s “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” Gains High Popularity In Japan (thehotspicykimchi.com)
- [K-POP] DBSK | JYJ : Park Yoochun Hospitalized For Gastroenteritis (thehotspicykimchi.com)
- [K-POP/K-DRAMA] Song Joong Ki : Talks About Friendship with JYJ’s Yoochun On “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” Set (thehotspicykimchi.com)
- [K-POP] DBSK | JYJ : Micky’s Perfect Shoulders Makes Fans Swoon (thehotspicykimchi.com)
- [K-POP] DBSK | JYJ : Jaejoong’s Got The Most Beautiful Skin Amongst Members (thehotspicykimchi.com)