WHAT WE ARE DOING
We are sending him postcards from around the world!! So, represent your city and country!! XD
POSTCARDS FOR BRIAN 2011 BIRTHDAY PROJECT
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Friday, November 12, 2010!!
This is the FINAL deadline!! Don’t miss out!! ^^
4 x “I Will Be There” CDs by 3rd Wave feat. Brian, Siwon, Van Ness, etc. (2 SIGNEDby Brian + 2 unsigned)
~ More goodies to come! Stay tuned! =P If you join the project by the deadline, you’ll be eligible for anything else I add to the giveaway later. ^^
CLICK FOR COMPLETE DETAILS
Brian’s birthday is January 10th!! To give all the fans a chance to send your well wishes to Brian, I am inviting everyone to participate in this project.
It is our first birthday project for him since the launching of our Twitter and Facebook. So, let’s rock this!!
To celebrate Brian’s 30th (American age) birthday, and to show him how much we love him ALL over the world. =D
1. Write your birthday message to Brian (English ONLY); no length limit as long as you can fit everything on your postcard
*Try not to write too small because Brian has to be able to read it
2. Include this line somewhere in your message to Brian:
“If you ever visited ____________ (put your city & country name), I would bring/take you to ____________ (put ONE place that you would like to take Brian to–can be a famous tourist attraction or your favourite restaurant/place to hang out)because ____________________________ (state your reason for choosing this place).
“If you ever visited Toronto, Canada, I would take you to Niagara Falls becauseyou can see the breathtaking scenery during all four seasons and even get close to the waters by riding on the Maid of the Mist.”
*Do not copy this example! If you are from Toronto or nearby, please don’t use Niagara Falls if possible as this is what I will be using. Keke~ Thanks! =P
3. When you have finished writing your message to Brian, take a picture of your postcard so I can clearly see what it looks like.
4. Put your postcard in an envelope to mail to me, and take a picture of your envelope. Do NOT send your postcard directly to me because this is for Brian, NOT me. XD
5. When you are ready, upload the pictures of your postcard and envelope, then complete the following submission form and E-MAIL me ASAP email@example.com for my address.
TWITTER: (if you have one)
FACEBOOK: (if you have one)
PICTURE OF POSTCARD + ENVELOPE (the actual postcard & the envelope you put it in for mailing):
*Just include the direct links of the images.
*If you don’t have a digital camera to take pictures with, please let me know.
*This is more for identification purposes to make sure I got what you sent. =)
NAME: Rachel Jones
CITY/COUNTRY: Los Angeles, U.S.A.
PICTURE OF POSTCARD + ENVELOPE:
Postcard – http://tinypic.com/1234abc (not a real link, just for example)
Envelope – http://tinypic.com/5678def (not a real link, just for example)
>>> DEADLINE: Friday, November 12, 2010 <<<
*I must RECEIVE your postcard by this date!!! If you send it on this date, it’s too late!!! Please give yourself PLENTY of time for mail to arrive from your country to Canada. Check with your post office for an estimated time because some places may take one month or more. Don’t procrastinate! DO THIS NOW!! =P If you wait till the last minute, I might NOT get what you sent. *gasp…the horror! =X*
EDIT 2010-11-04: Since I have some fans who are just finding out about this, if youE-MAIL me your submission by Nov. 12, I will still accept your postcard. I really want fans to be able to join and show their love for Brian. ^^ This is the FINAL DEADLINE!!!
– Your postcard CANNOT exceed the size of 7″ x 5″!! I need to put everything together, so I need to standardize the size. Only 7″ x 5″ or smaller postcards are accepted for this project.
– Please only send ONE postcard per person.
– If you live in a small city, you can use the nearest big city if you like. That’s up to you. ^^
– Please only put ONE SPECIFIC place because there are probably going to be fans from the same city/country, and I hope the same place will not be repeated over and over again. XD Choose a place that you personally like so that the reason won’t be repetitive either.
– There’s no limit on how elaborate your reason is, so feel free to add more sentences. But at least the one line listed above HAS to be there because it’s part of the project and I’d like to see the consistency across all the postcards so Brian can spot the theme. =P
– If you are picking a “famous” tourist attraction, it’s up to you whether or not you want the picture on the postcard to show this place. For example, if you’re from Paris and you picked the Eiffel Tower, then maybe you would want to use a postcard with an Eiffel Tower. But that’s up to you and is not a requirement.
– If you are NOT picking a tourist attraction but something more local and personal (like your favourite restaurant/hang-out spot/a nearby park), then an option is to take a picture of this place, print out the photo, and use this AS your postcard. It’s up to you if you want to be in the photo or not. Keep this photo no larger than the standard size of 7″ x 5″.
– If you don’t want to buy a postcard but MAKE YOUR OWN because you’re feeling creative, that is a-ok as well. ^^ But please keep it 7″ x 5″ to match with other postcards that I’ll be receiving. I would suggest using cardstock so that it won’t be too thick or thin (i.e., don’t use regular paper or bristol board).
– If you want to partner up and send ONE postcard with a friend, that’s cool. But that just means you won’t be able to write as much for your message. Be sure to clearly identify it’s from two people so that I know to count the both of you when I tally up the final number of fans who participated in the project. And BOTH of you have to include the line from number 2 in the instructions. But I really would prefer if you each submit a postcard so Brian can have more postcards as gifts. XD
– If you’re Christian, then please consider including your favourite Bible verse on the postcard. ^^ It’s just a suggestion, not a requirement.
Join this birthday project for Brian and you might win a copy of 3rd Wave’s “I Will Be There” or other Brian-related prizes!!
The Christian Contemporary Music (CCM) album by 3rd Wave entitled “I Will Be There” that Brian sang lead vocals on is set for release on 2010-10-10! Super Junior’s Siwon, Van Ness Wu, and others also sang on this album.
You can order the actual CD at:
I am one of the admins for @3rdWaveMusic and I receive the most up-to-date info from them on Brian and other artists/entertainers who are involved with 3rd Wave. That’s another reason to follow us @brianjoo110 +http://www.facebook.com/brianjoocanada.
I bought 15 copies as gifts for friends and I’m setting aside 4 as a giveaway (2 of which are SIGNED by Brian because I found out I won them ^^V). I’m also waiting for Brian’s 3rd solo album to be released. So, join this project and don’t miss out on prizes! XD
Winners will be chosen based on the following criteria:
– The first 2 people to send in a postcard for Brian!! (Because of time variation for mail to arrive, I will go by the postage stamp date on the envelope to be fair.)
– Other winners to be determined by effort shown on their postcard (Exact number of winners to be updated.)
*Prizes will be finalized later. (I can’t decide right now since I’m still waiting for some information.)
– Winners will not be announced till the project has been completed
COUNTRIES REPRESENTED SO FAR:
Please help spread the word so this project will be a major success!!! =D I will be advertising this on soompi forums and with other fans’ help at various Brian or Fly to the Sky sites/communities. When posting at other sites/forums/cafes or even your own blog, please direct people to my blog post for the details:
For any sites that are helping to advertise this contest, please let me know so I can thank you guys here. =P
If you’d like to help advertise this project, please use the following. Feel free to make your own b-set and share it here. =D It’d be much appreciated!! <333
Q: When is the project deadline?
A: Friday, November 5, 2010. Your postcard MUST arrive on or before this date!!! This is a very strict deadline!!! So, don’t wait till the last minute to join!!!
Q: Why is the project deadline so strict?
A: I need ample time to put together everyone’s postcards and I can’t decide how to put everything together until I have a FINAL NUMBER of postcards submitted. Also, I rented a P.O. box for this project. I will go to the post office once a week to check for mail, weather permitting. After the weekend following Friday, November 5, it may be snowing and such and I can’t guarantee I will be able to check the P.O. box often.
Q: How many postcards am I allowed to send?
A: Only ONE postcard per person.
Q: How big can my postcard be?
A: No larger than 7″ x 5″ (landscape/horizontal) or 5″ x 7″ (portrait/vertical).
Q: Does my postcard have to be horizontal or vertical?
A: It doesn’t matter. Either orientation is fine.
Q: Can I send a postcard with a friend?
A: Yes, but both must include the required line detailed in number 2 of the instructions above. Submitting individual postcards is preferred. However, you canmail me the postcards together in the same envelope to save on shipping.
Q: How much can I write?
A: As much as you want as long as your message fits the back of the postcard AND include the required line detailed in number 2 of the instructions above.
Q: Can I write my message to Brian in Korean or another language?
A: No, please ONLY write in English. I’d prefer not to risk sending Brian messages that I don’t understand. This is to protect him, just in case. Simple phrases in Korean: Annyeong haseyo! Saranghaeyo! Hwaiting! are fine. If you are unsure, please check with me first. ^^
Q: How long does it take for mail to arrive to Canada?
A: Please find out from your post office when you mail me your postcard. I do not know the postal system in your country.
Q: Why do I need to put my postcard in an envelope to send to you?
A: The postcard is for Brian and not me. So, if you don’t send it in an envelope, you will be addressing the postcard to me, which is not what we want. XD
Q: Why do I need to take pictures of my postcard and envelope?
A: The pictures help me correctly identify and keep track that I have received your submission.
Q: I don’t have a camera, so I can’t send you pictures of my postcard and envelope.
A: Please let me know when you e-mail me your submission form so I will pay special attention when I receive your postcard.
Q: What do I do with the address part on the postcard?
A: You can use that space to write more to Brian. If you don’t have anything more to say, you can fill in Brian’s company address. Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org for the address. =)
Q: How do I know you have received my postcard?
A: I will e-mail you to let you know I have received your postcard.
Q: Am I allowed to make my own postcard?
A: Yes! But it must be 7″ x 5″ or smaller.
Q: I don’t use Twitter or Facebook. Do I have to follow your accounts to be eligible for the giveaway?
A: No, that is not a requirement. Just include your e-mail so you can be contacted.
Q: How do I know if I’m one of the winners of the giveaway?
A: Winners will be announced after the project has been completed. You will be contacted by e-mail if you have won a prize.
Q: How do I know if Brian has received the project?
A: I will send the package by express with tracking so I will know when the project arrives in Seoul. I will also send Brian to notify him of this project. If he has time, he will probably reply to let me know he has gotten it.
Q: Am I allowed to send you my birthday gift for Brian?
A: No, I’m not accepting any gifts from fans since expressing shipping from Canada to Korea is very expensive. Please send your gift directly to Brian. If you need Brian’s company address, please e-mail me at email@example.com. =)
If you have any questions or comments, you can post them here. ^^ You can also reach me at:
http://www.facebook.com/brianjoocanada (Post on the Facebook page or message me at Wacky Cashew.)
Friendly Reminder: Please don’t hotlink images and do provide proper pingbacks to the site. A little token of appreciation can do wonders, you know. Peace, love, and GV. – ©HOTSPICYKIMCHI